We are Teresa Class
Learning with Jesus to be the best that we can be.
My name is Mrs Walker and I am the Year One Class Teacher.
Our Learning Support Assistants are Mrs Grogan and Mrs Wilson.
Mrs Syms will be teaching Year One on Tuesday mornings.
Our inspirational person is Mother Teresa.
- PE is taught on Mondays and Fridays - Children will need both indoor and outdoor kits.
- Homework will be given out on a Monday and will need returning by Friday.
- Read regularly with your child and please ensure that you sign their reading record.
- Children will need a pair of wellington boots.
Children will continue with daily phonics lessons throughout their time in Year One. In June all Year One children nationally will sit a phonics screening test. Please see the websites below for further information.
Useful websites for phonics
Phonicsplay Some resources require a subscription but there are many free games and resources
Mr. Thorne Videos of sounds plus many other reading resources
'Letters and Sounds' is a useful tool for games to play at home.
St. Joseph's Catholic Primary School uses the 'Floppy's Phonics Sounds and Letters' scheme to promote rigorous synthetic phonic teaching for reading success. Please access the link to learn more about the scheme, the order of teaching and further information on synthetic phonics.
Year One Key Words
Please click here for a list of the Year One key words for reading and spelling. Children will be given a key words booklet to help practice reading and spelling the words at home. The children will be tested on these words and will receive a stamp once they can read and write the words three times.
Children receive a certificate when all these words have been learnt.
Latest Diary Dates Events
- Parents' consultation evening16Oct2018
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Parents' consultation evening18Oct2018
- School closes for October half term19Oct2018